Effective date: MAY 14, 2021
Case-Mate, Inc. (“Case-Mate, "us", "we", or "our") operates the https://PELICANOUTDOOR.com website (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Service is the https://PELICANOUTDOOR.com website operated by Case-Mate.
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
USE OF DATA
Case-Mate, Inc uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
RETENTION OF DATA
Case-Mate, Inc will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
DISCLOSURE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
Under certain circumstances, Case-Mate, Inc may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Case-Mate, Inc may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Case-Mate, Inc
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
"DO NOT TRACK" SIGNALS
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: HTTPS://POLICIES.GOOGLE.COM/PRIVACY?HL=EN
- Google AdWords
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: HTTP://WWW.GOOGLE.COM/SETTINGS/ADS
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - HTTPS://TOOLS.GOOGLE.COM/DLPAGE/GAOPTOUT - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: HTTPS://POLICIES.GOOGLE.COM/PRIVACY?HL=EN
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/HELP/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/HELP/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA HTTP://WWW.ABOUTADS.INFO/CHOICES/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada HTTP://YOURADCHOICES.CA/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe HTTP://WWW.YOURONLINECHOICES.EU/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy: HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/PRIVACY/EXPLANATION
Klaviyo marketing automation service is provided by Klaviyo Inc.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
- Apple Store In-App Payments
- PayPal or Braintree
If you elect to receive marketing text messages from us, either via our website or by sending a text message indicating your consent, you are providing your prior express written consent to receive recurring marketing or promotional SMS text messages from us (each, a “Text Message”) sent through an automatic telephone dialing system. This service is optional and is not a condition for purchase. You can opt out of receiving any further Text Messages from us at any time by replying “STOP” to any Text Message you receive from us.
For help, reply “HELP” to any Text Message you receive from us. In addition to any fee of which you are notified, your mobile provider’s standard message and data rates may apply to our confirmation Text Message and all subsequent Text Message correspondence according to your individual rate plan provided by your wireless carrier. Please consult your mobile service carrier’s pricing plan to determine the charges for browsing data and sending and receiving Text Messages. Under no circumstances will we or our affiliates be responsible for any SMS messaging or wireless charges incurred by you or by a person that has access to your wireless device or telephone number. If your carrier does not permit SMS messages, you may not receive the Text Messages.
If you change or deactivate the phone number you provided, you have an affirmative obligation to update your account information and the phone number(s) attached to your account to prevent us from inadvertently communicating with anyone who acquires any phone number(s) previously attributed to you, and any new phone number(s) you attach to your account may receive our standard marketing Text Messages unless you also unsubscribe via the above procedures.
You may elect to receive text messages from us. When you sign up to receive text messages, we will send you information about promotional offers and more. To the extent you voluntarily opt to have SMS notifications sent directly to your mobile phone, we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number or when you read a text message. You may opt out of receiving text messages at any time by texting “STOP” to our text messages. For more information about text messages, see our Terms and Conditions.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. If you believe that we have collected any information from a child younger than 18, please contact us by visiting our customer service page here.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. These third parties may aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from Case-Mate. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Case-Mate to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us or logging onto your Account Preferences page. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Case-Mate as a result of a product purchase, or your use of our services. You may have other options with respect to marketing and communication preferences through our Website.
- Disclosure of Your Information to Affiliates and Third Parties. By using our Website, you consent to our sharing of your Personal Data with our affiliates and third parties for their promotional purposes. If you wish to unsubscribe from such affiliate and third parties’ promotions, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from them. If you wish to opt-out of such sharing, please contact us by visiting our customer service page here.
- Targeted Advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
- By email: PELICANOUTDOOR@CMBRANDS.COM
- By contacting us via our SUPPORT FORM
- By phone number: 1 (888) 988-5358
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The provisions below relate solely to residents of the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We included this section to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this section. If you are a California resident with disabilities, and need to be provided with an accessible version of this section or the policy as a whole, please Contact Us.
Information We Collect
Our Site collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, our Site has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Category A (Identifiers): including, your real name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, photos or images of you, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Category B (Personal information categories under the California Customer Records Statute): including, name, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- Category C (Internet or other similar network activity): including, your browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Category D (Commercial information): including, records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
For purposes of this section, personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Other information excluded from the CCPA’s scope as expressly set forth in the statute.
Note that information Company obtained from a consumer acting on behalf of a company and whose communications with Company occur solely within the context of Company conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from another company, are generally exempt from much of CCPA.
Company obtains personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- For all of the above categories collected, we collect this information directly from you.
Use and Disclosure of Non-Exempt Personal Information
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with applicable law.
- Short-term, transient use, provided your personal information is not disclosed to a third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Testing, research, analysis, and product development and demonstration, including to develop and improve our Site, products, and services.
For all of the above categories of personal information collected, we will also use your personal information as described to you when collecting it or as otherwise permitted by the CCPA. Company will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we generally enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed all of the above categories of personal information collected for a business purpose to third party vendors who provide marketing, payment processing, and other services to us.
Your Rights and Choices for Non-Exempt Information
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Pelican Outdoor disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your CCPA covered personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and verify your request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Pelican Outdoor delete any of your CCPA covered personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect bugs or errors in our Services, detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information are permitted by law or that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by Contact Us.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (“an Authorized Agent”), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. Please note that Pelican is not obligated to provide information to a consumer in response to a request more than twice in a twelve (12) month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an Authorized Agent. Before completing your request to exercise the below, we will verify that the request came from you based on information we have for you in our records, or through some other method in compliance with the CCPA.
Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. With few exceptions, we will only review and fulfill a request from your Authorized Agent if (a) you grant the Authorized Agent written permission to make a request on your behalf, (b) you or the Authorized Agent provides us notice of that written permission, and (c) we are able to verify your and the Authorized Agent’s identity in connection with that notice and the request.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time. At the time of offering any financial incentive, we will provide a summary of the incentive and further information relating to the material terms, opt-in methods, and how you may withdraw your consent or opt-out of such incentive. We also will provide further explanation as to how the incentive complies with CCPA.